Rear Braided Brake Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
not sure if I understand the question but...the front lines will go from hard steel brake lines on chassis to calipers, rear will go from chassis to rear end. rear line has the tee on one side which is retained on rear end with a screw and then the steel hard lines connect back to new line at the tee. this kit just replaces stock rubber lines. also tgere are a few places you can get these kits from. inline tube and classic tube sell and pretty sure russell performance also has a kit

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
Finally took pictures of the part. This is the fitting mounted to my rear end and I have braided lines coming from my rear calipers that have female ends. I need to connect the braided lines to this fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_2088(2).JPG
    IMG_2088(2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
  • IMG_2089(2).JPG
    IMG_2089(2).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2092.JPG
    IMG_2092.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 277

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
You need a fitting like factory why wouldn't you just go with a Russell braid brake line kit?
640500.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It's cheaper to have solid lines with a male fitting on each end to a point near the rear calipers and then use the braided line to the calipers. You don't need a long braided line in the rear like you do with the front brakes.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'd rather use the solid lines and short flex lines. Also Russel had a direct replacement for the flex line to T. Russels SS line includes the T

$_35.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor