Rear Disc conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Got a question for you guys. I found a complete rear disc brake set that was pulled off a factory camaro. Intended for a 82-92 camaro, as what the seller claims on craigslist. I have an 86' monte ss rear end in my car with 373 and was wondering if the camaro rear disc brakes can mount on my rear end.

deanz406

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2007
Latrobe,Pa
RE: Disc brake setup

YES, you can use the Camaro/ Pontiac Turbo TransAm disc brake setup on the Gbody rearends--both the 7 1/2 and the 8 1/2. Make sure you get everything, because the caliper is special to these setups, and incorporate the necessary brackets, and e-brake mechanism. The calipers are the most expensive part of the whole setup, selling at the parts stores(Advance-Auto Zone), for around $130.00 Ea., without a core. If u have the caliper core, they are around $44.00 ea. Good Luck-- Dean 8)

513steve

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2009
Cincy OH
i assume this is a bolt on set up? what all is needed? I have buddy about to scrap a iroc that still has the rear end in it, and was thinking about gettign it fom him.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
make sure the camaro rear end the brakes came from was a 7.5/7.625 10 bolt. some of those cars came with an 9 bolt and i dont know if the brakes will work from the 9 bolt. i know the brake setup is different from what they put on the 10 bolts.

Syclone2985

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2008
just a quick note also you may wanna call inline tube for a proprtioning valve if the stof one is disc/drum they make them to convert to disc/disc

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
"As far as I can tell this is a complete set up and does have the spindles, calipers, and a bunch of other hardware."

Are you sure they are REAR brakes?

Rears don't have spindles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor