Rear end gear ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpde26

n00b
Nov 30, 2005
MA
Hi I am new to the board and have a buick regal and just started building a circle track race car out of a monte carlo. I would likr to find out what rear end ratios are in what cars. Can anyone help me in finding this info?
thanks
Mike

dragginwagon406

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2005
Most cars all have the same ratios in the 7.5/7.625" diff. Here is a rough estimate.

2.29 50% of all G-Body
2.41 30% of all G-Body
2.56 15% " " "
2.73 Less than 5%
3.08 Less than 5%
3.23 Less than 5%
3.42 Less than 5%
3.73 Less than 5%
4.10 0%

For ratios in the red, a good source of these ratios are '82 & up Camaro/Firebird and S-10's/Blazer. Look mostly for V-6 Camaro and 4 cyl in S-10. You will probably be happy.

As far as I know, the 7.5" and 7.625" interchange in the housings as long as you keep the correct carrier/bearings. Double check though.

Bear in mind, some G-Bodied cars did come with the 8.5" differential - most notably the Grand National's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor