Rear suspension help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footbrake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2006
Buffalo, New York
Ok guys, need some help here. This year I added a rear swaybar and had my pinion angle set to -3.5 degrees. My 60's went from 1.81-1.82, Friday night all 5 runs were 1.74 which I'm pleased with.

My question is: With the rear swaybar and loading my pass. airbag with 30lbs., am I binding up the rear suspension with the preload? should I try it without the swaybar?

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
i would keep the swaybar and adjust the preload in the airbags.

the swaybar is going to help with the "g-body twist" we all suffer from.

Remember that a straighter launch is usually a faster launch.
When your car is twisting it is losing some of the power that should be going to the wheels.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
rear end

your pinion angle seems wrong to me, do you have poly bushing's in your rear arms ?

Footbrake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2006
Buffalo, New York
bushings

No , the stock rubber bushings. That's why it's at 3.5 deg. Poly should be about 2-3, and steel about 1-2 deg.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
rear end

i agree with the setting on stock bushings, do you have any up grades on your suspension?

tbrtat12 is also right about wasting hp and torque pulling the wheels in stead of moving forward

Footbrake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2006
Buffalo, New York
bushings

Boxed lowers and dbl. adj. uppers,lemans/tempest rear coils with air bags

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
help

to get anywhere with the hook up you need to change the instant center...

instead of using a sway bar i went with a anti-roll bar,and lowering my lower bars with weld on brackets

thats when all the fun starts :twisted:

100_0497.jpg
[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor