Rear Wheel Backspacing?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponchobro

n00b
Nov 23, 2007
Hello, I have read alot of the other post's and still need to know if a 15X8 4.5 backspacing will work work on my 78 Grand AM with an 8.5 GN rear end.Tire's 255/60/15.Thanks for your input.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
ponchobro said:
Hello, I have read alot of the other post's and still need to know if a 15X8 4.5 backspacing will work work on my 78 Grand AM with an 8.5 GN rear end.Tire's 255/60/15.Thanks for your input.

I'm not sure of your backspacing but I know the size tire and wheel you are using would fit with room to spare. I am using a 15x7wheel and 255x60x15 tire and I have a couple inches to spare on my 78 Monte Carlo. I'm not sure if the backspacing would tuck it to far in or not. If you are buying the wheel from an individual see if he will let you test fit it before you buy it. If it is from a shop have them measure it and they will be able to tell you if it will fit.
2487012_21_full.jpg

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
I am pretty sure G-Body's will take a 4.5" back spacing in the rear. Front wheel back spacing is only 4"

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I dunno. My 8 inch wide wheels with 4 inch backspacing are pretty close to the frame with 245 50 16's. In fact, the paint seems to be rubbed off by the tires on the frame in a few spots, but they don't rub. I think the debris kicked up by the tires has removed the paint due to the close proximity of the tires to the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor