Recent G-body Prices - WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Great paint, nice interior & fancy bottom, but the only thing it's good for is car shows & light cruising. And for 60% 70% of the car enthusiast they're fine with that. I'm NOT. So I have to have better parts that don't break. And they cost MORE, hence the car is worth more??? I want to run 12 second quarters be able to auto X & drive anywhere, the hell with perfect paint & show.
You have disease, there maybe meds to help you. The doctors will bring you back so you can like shiny weak parts again. First step away from the heavy duty racing parts. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I thought twice before posting this, and I want to say up front that this just an observation...I am not passing judgement on any group of people or their cars, nor do I wish for it to devolve to name calling or finger pointing.

I first noticed G body prices spiking a few years ago, and it was typically on cars that had large diameter wheels and bright paint, often with a theme, usually with an interior that was different than what was historically seen in a G body. While not typically my taste, i appreciate that a lot of time and money went into them, and I think that's where prices started to rise pretty quickly. Human nature being what it is, others saw the pricing, and decided that their car was worth close to as much or maybe even more. Back in the late 70s, before the "musclecar craze", I saw this from time to time. People would see the asking prices on, say, a 70 SS396 Chevelle, and thought that their 307/glide Malibu was in a similar value range.

I hope more of you guys look for something other than a G body, be more to choose from for guys like me :D

waxman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2017
dover del
with the 60's and 70's era muscle cars becoming more and more hard to find in decent shape and the rise in price for them the g-body has become the last true performance car for todays hot rodder. i guess i was one of the lucky ones i brought my car for $300.00 and no its not full of rust there are a couple areas that need attention but overall it's a solid car. with the purchase of motor and transmission i still only have less than $1000.00 in the car now. there are several in my area (Delaware) ranging from $500.00 to $15,000.00 and most are not junk they are actually good project cars.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
After seeing all these crazy prices i thinkim going to list my wagon for $10k on CL. I see worse cars that are junk for $5k. (not really going to sell my wagon)

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
After seeing all these crazy prices i thinkim going to list my wagon for $10k on CL. I see worse cars that are junk for $5k. (not really going to sell my wagon)

I know your not selling and just using this as an example - I think this is where the WTF prices come from although it never hurts to ask. I thought my cars where worthy of more but even listed here I had "0" hits and took a lot of time to sell, which brings me back to my question are they selling.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I know your not selling and just using this as an example - I think this is where the WTF prices come from although it never hurts to ask. I thought my cars where worthy of more but even listed here I had "0" hits and took a lot of time to sell, which brings me back to my question are they selling.

I wonder the same thing about diesel pickups. Whack jobs have them listed at 30k for a 12 year old, 200k mile rig. They only cost that much when new.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I wonder the same thing about diesel pickups. Whack jobs have them listed at 30k for a 12 year old, 200k mile rig. They only cost that much when new.

I was looking at a 92 Ram D350 225k miles in ok shape. The joker wanted $21k for it. damn thing didnt cost that new. Who is paying these prices or like said above, are they even selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor