Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I agree with your points, makes me wonder what the deal is with this one, as it's been on CL off and on for over a year. I am tempted, but really don't need another project

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1979-chevrolet-malibu-2-door/6497759654.html

00K0K_4WY2KYGbkMv_600x450.jpg

I've watched that one come and go a few times too. Only thing I think it has going for it may be a "solid" drivetrain but who is buying that to use what is there? Base model Malibu, 14" wheels/tires are rollers, paint is gone, interior is dried out, emissions equip stripped, ac parts stripped, no doubt a 2.29 open rear, not much there to start with over a solid shell in my opinion.

I think the ability to find a great, clean car, in stock condition that just needs cleaned up is done with G-bodies unless garage finds and grandma cars keep popping up, otherwise we are starting to see that most have been used for dirt tracking or cash for clunkers and prices rise as others figure this out.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I've watched that one come and go a few times too. Only thing I think it has going for it may be a "solid" drivetrain but who is buying that to use what is there? Base model Malibu, 14" wheels/tires are rollers, paint is gone, interior is dried out, emissions equip stripped, ac parts stripped, no doubt a 2.29 open rear, not much there to start with over a solid shell in my opinion.

In my case, I would greatly prefer to buy original paint, and the leisure-suit blue would get changed anyway, so not a big deal, clean sheetmetal is where it's at...and at least it drives! That's something that doesn't happen much lately. I paid too much for my current coupe, but had been looking for quite a while. Naturally within a month of buying, several better examples came along

I think the ability to find a great, clean car, in stock condition that just needs cleaned up is done with G-bodies unless garage finds and grandma cars keep popping up, otherwise we are starting to see that most have been used for dirt tracking or cash for clunkers and prices rise as others figure this out.
Agree 100%!

Obviously, that would be the preferred route for most of us, myself included

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Yep, they are a bit harder to find around here. Lots of dirt tracks around here. Some of the yards around here keep the bodys to sell to their dirt track buddies. I do get to buy the trim items. I've been building G bodys since early 90s and have watched the prices. They will only get higher

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor