Recommendation for tool set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Whatever they are they work well. Again they aren't my main tools, this set stays in my truck so if it gets stolen it's no big loss. It's also the set I take to the junkyard and miraculously I haven't lost any pieces yet.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
What tools do you use Zack? Other than big hammers?:unsure:

Just kidding....you probably break some tools though
I have broken a lot of stuff. Mostly 3/4 and 1 inch drive stuff. I have a mixture of all sorts of brands. It depends on how much I use the tool and what for, that determines how good of a tool I buy. I use a Fluke multimeter and my Milwaukee cordless impact the most. I love the Stanley socket. 20 bucks a set from Wal-Mart and yet to brake one. I buy big name ratchets though. They take a bearing. The cheep ones don't work for me.

Reactions: 1 users

herb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2018
I have broken a lot of stuff. Mostly 3/4 and 1 inch drive stuff. I have a mixture of all sorts of brands. It depends on how much I use the tool and what for, that determines how good of a tool I buy. I use a Fluke multimeter and my Milwaukee cordless impact the most. I love the Stanley socket. 20 bucks a set from Wal-Mart and yet to brake one. I buy big name ratchets though. They take a bearing. The cheep ones don't work for me.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Milwaukee are the best power tools, I have a few, mostly Ryobi from Home Depot. I also use the Mastercraft lines, some power tools and their regular and pro lines, of ratchets, sockets etc, all decent. Gray used to be really nice Canadian made tools. Are far immigrants, if our families were turned away, many poor and down on their luck, how would our countries be today?

Reactions: 1 user

Sanguia1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
Check out craigslist... let go and offer up app. Also auctions in ur area. Ull find some decent deals

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
cd25a3cf9127ccf426dfc2b30411fa3a.jpg

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I said it somewhere here a week or so ago, I work at a Ford dealership and in most guys' boxes you won't find Matco, MAC, Snap-On, or Cornwell. Most of us are using mainly Kobalt and Harbor Freight, or old Craftsman. I think everyone has a set of gearwrenches and those get used a lot. We all have one or two socket sets or ratchets from the professional brands, but by no means a lot. Being that everything has a lifetime warranty anymore, it's hard to justify the prices of the pro tools. Honestly my favorite tool in my whole box is my Milwaukee Fuel electric 1/4 impact drivers. I have a pair of them and use them more than any other tool except for maybe a pen.
I worked at a Dodge dealer and those smug dicks always bragged about making payments on a 5k toolbox.

Reactions: 1 users

William

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 29, 2016
Almost all of my hand tools are Craftsman. I bought my first set 35 years ago. I've never been disappointed with their quality.
With that said, I haven't bought a Craftsman tool in years, so I have no idea what their current quality is like.

I'd suggest you try Craigslist for a set of used tools.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
After talking to the mother-in-law I might be getting another Waterloo rolling box. The hospital she works at uses them for supply & crash carts, gave us boys each one 12 years ago cause they were going to be scrapped. Now they are supose to get new ones soon so I hope to save another one from being scrapped. Free is better than anything I would pay, even better bragging rights than being able to buy a 5K box.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor