recommendations for replacement factory speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2011
Looking to put a small system in and wondered what kind of setups some of you guys had. Any recommendations on speakers to replace th factory 3.5's and 4x10's.

cut123

Greasemonkey
Nov 20, 2011
terre haute indiana
fo the 3.5 go infinity, other name brands tend to blow i have hade the best luck with infinitys if your running them off a head unit

Pearl86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2011
I have been looking at those they had pretty good reviews, what about the 4x10.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
you have more options for the rear........6x9 speakers are an easy fit. made some very easy to make and install speaker boxes for my 85 salon

if your interested picture is here

photos/displayimage.php?album=339&pos=8

peace

by the way kenwood gets my vote...........as you can see from the pics

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I have rockford fosgates, no probs what so ever. very good speakers IMO

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
for 4x10s ive had good luck with kenwwoods and pioneers. i liked the kenwoods better though, there in my 88 cutlass and sound great.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
dudeface said:
you have more options for the rear........6x9 speakers are an easy fit. made some very easy to make and install speaker boxes for my 85 salon

if your interested picture is here

http://gbodyforum.com/photos/displayima ... =339&pos=8

peace

by the way kenwood gets my vote...........as you can see from the pics

i didnt know kenwood made open air subwoofers. your set up looks good but i didnt see a sub box it just looks like there hanging .how does that sound ?

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
ya a lota people don't know that most kenwood subs are rated as freeair, american and canadian specs leave this out. so the trunk becomes the sub box. the sound quality is beyond belief.........very crisp and tons of base. because the subs are fixed to the baffle board, and that board is bolted to the seat frame, all the subs vibration is transfered to the whole car......where as lotsa this is lost in a seperate subbox. and i also still have trunk space for the T Tops glass and other things. thanks to my old school stereo buddy for the stereo design setup. already done two other friends cutlass stereos this way....they both love it

peace

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
learn sumthin new every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor