regal w/grand prix front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qdub24 said:
I just have a lot of pride in my work. I'm not paying somebody or taking my car to a shop to get done. I work on my cars myself with my dad, spending my hard earned money, and to hear someone knock my work pisses me off. You can laugh all you want, but I can put slicks or drag radials on my car and laugh all day.

I have pride in my work too; it's just a shame that I am forced to work with one of the ugliest g-bodies ever made :blam:

To the OP, are you talking about swapping a header panel and hood or the entire front clip? I'm pretty sure that the fender lines are different on the GP. The header may work, but I have never personally seen it done. If you really want to do it, take some measurements and see what lines up. You have all the parts, just give it a shot and see. Post up some pics if you make any progress with it.

Qdub24 said:
After further analysis and review, I will admit the GPs do have the best interior of all the G-bodies. However, it is my opinion that they still have the ugliest exterior design by far. The 2+2 is even uglier than the regular GP front clip.

I kinda like the 2+2's. Then again I like oddities and rare cars too.

The GP in my avatar is the first GP I've ever owned. I've had several Malibus, 3 SS's (incl an aero), a 442, lots o' Cutlasses and Regals too. The GP by far has the best interior IMO. On another note, not trying to completely jack the OP's thread

1978GrandPrix007.jpg

There are forums where donks are loved.... Just sayin'.

pontiacgp said:
I like the look of a GP front end especially with a little modification...the grill is just temporary

thumb_P1000856.JPG

oh, now that.... is just sexy!
😛

1evilregal said:
pontiacgp said:
I like the look of a GP front end especially with a little modification...the grill is just temporary

thumb_P1000856.JPG

😛

I like that too. Reminds me of the '71 Grandville grille. Looks like plenty of space for a 455 badge :wink:

pontiacgp said:
Qdub24 said:
I gave my opinion to the creator of the thread and was done with it. I came back in to see what some of the other responses were, when I saw one that was an offensive remark about my vehicle, I became defensive. I plead no contest your honor, and I'd do it again to the next person with something negative to say about my car. I rest my case.

wow....if your car means that much to you to take criticism of it personally you have issues. I think tho that seeing how overly sensitive you are about your car you should remove that picture of your car that looks like it's dragged along by it's front wheels or at least put the cover back on because it invites people to laugh at you. I'm not saying this in an offensive tone so there is no need to post another batch of donks

gp, how is this supposed to be helping the situation. Just because its not direct doesn't mean its not offensive. I don't like 24s or 26s or whatever on these cars but they are a ton of cash and a lot of guys run them around here.

I didn't want to post this and just let it go but it doesn't go, its the same deal each time. Every time someone posts pics of a car with huge rims it turns into a sh*t storm, I know I'm bringing this out but oh well we should just stop it, opinion once and done. How many times has there been threads through that before. There are a lot of guys that don't like this forum cuz of our opinions on lifts and rims. Those same people can be helping out, theres a ton of suspension customization that goes along with these cars esp dumped ones on rims and interiors/stereos and we drive all that knowledge and help away cuz of our stupid opinions.

G-Body_Vet said:
1evilregal said:
pontiacgp said:

thumb_P1000856.JPG

😛

I like that too. Reminds me of the '71 Grandville grille. Looks like plenty of space for a 455 badge :wink:

thanks guys...a plasma cutter made my life alot easier...I was surprised how much that section weighed when I cut it out..

custom442 said:
gp, how is this supposed to be helping the situation. Just because its not direct doesn't mean its not offensive. I don't like 24s or 26s or whatever on these cars but they are a ton of cash and a lot of guys run them around here.

I didn't want to post this and just let it go but it doesn't go, its the same deal each time. Every time someone posts pics of a car with huge rims it turns into a sh*t storm, I know I'm bringing this out but oh well we should just stop it, opinion once and done. How many times has there been threads through that before. There are a lot of guys that don't like this forum cuz of our opinions on lifts and rims. Those same people can be helping out, theres a ton of suspension customization that goes along with these cars esp dumped ones on rims and interiors/stereos and we drive all that knowledge and help away cuz of our stupid opinions.

Thank you, well said 😀

"Just because its not direct doesn't mean its not offensive"....gee I would have never realised that if you hadn't mentioned it...at least it wasn't totaly lost... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor