regal w/grand prix front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the fact that it's an odd swap, I think you'd have to narrow the front bumper to match the rear regal bumper since it's almost flush with the body. One thing I don't like on my GP is how far the grille sticks out. One day I'd like to recess it a few inches if not make it flush with the header panel.

G-Body_Vet, I agree with you on the nose and it was one of the reasons I removed the top lip..the grill is still in it's original location but without the lip the grill sits about flush with the remaining metal part of the bumper on each side of the grill..

pontiacgp said:
G-Body_Vet, I agree with you on the nose and it was one of the reasons I removed the top lip..the grill is still in it's original location but without the lip the grill sits about flush with the remaining metal part of the bumper on each side of the grill..

I've never played with the '81 & up body style GP, but I assume you're using a modified grille now correct? Meaning once you removed the center piece from the bumper, you didn't have the grill that's currently on the car? I've thought about doing something similar to what you did but I after modding the bumper, there's rechroming it and fabbing a grille. Not high on my priority list but I think it would look good. Would you mind posting or sending me more pics of the front of your car?

I'll get some close up pics....the grill is make out two grills with the bottom section cut off of one and the top section cut off the other...then ground to match and epoxied..I'm using the original brackets to secure it to the bumper, it was made in a hurry since I wanted to get car on the road and the body is getting done this year so I'll be fabricating something nicer but similar. I luv the double takes on the car since it looks sorta like it's suppose to but there's something different...

I do have spare bumper so if I screwed it up I had backup

pontiacgp said:
I think they'd have to use the doors from the GP as well...the contour of top of the fenders where they meet to door is not even close between the two cars..

That's exactly what I was thinking, you may have to swap the doors too.

I recently had a GP pull up behind me that had a full blackout treatment. Thought is was a GN until it got close. It might look good. If you don't like the result you can always swap it back.

As a wise hamster once said "You can deal with this or you can deal with that"
( I wont be surprised if most people won't get this, But I am posting this as a response to the Ridiculous Attitude the topic has taken.) What ever you want your car to look like , Just go for it. It's all about you. 8)

I thought I replied several days ago, but it ended up being one of those ghost posts....

So, if you remove the front doors, the Grand Prix front clip should fit. the trouble will be aligning the doors. They have a different contour between the rear edge of the fenders and the front edge of the door. Top edge of the door won't transition to the fender correctly along the top edge without a lot of trimming, grinding and shapeing.
Also what was said about the bumpers not really matching.
And like was said earlier, the Grand Prix(with buckets and console) has the best looking interior, hands down, of any G body (or technically A Body)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor