Regal with a Canadian Bumper - for sale in Pittsburgh area

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
So just guessing... the car has the “export” front bumper support braces? 2 individual burmper supports instead of the full length version that 99% of Regals have? I have them on my GN.

Reactions: 2 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
The only info I was able to find on a Canadian bumper was this.
Screenshot_20201102-183505_Chrome.jpg

Didn't realize these were an option on the regal back then but hey it was the 80's

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
There are different variations of Regal front bumpers. But the differences are in the structure behind the bumper. There is the full steel reinforcement bar that is pretty heavy, an aluminum version that is lighter, and steel mini brackets that are the lightest and rarest option. https://www.kirbanperformance.com/news/159/11-16-2011+Inner+Circle.html

My Regal came with the rare front mini brackets despite being a base V6 car. Perhaps the seller calls one of the bumper options a Canadian bumper.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Paid too much, but main body and fenders are great, frame is great. The Pittsburgh street and property that we picked it up at - absolutely f’ing ridiculous.

Was close to having a moment of mayhem. Drive home was unbelievably TERRIBLE. Never been in Summit, PA and not interested in driving there again in freezing temps in the rain with a car trailer.
Oh wow I almost bought that car 8 months ago very solid car needed doors really and interior really

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Oh wow I almost bought that car 8 months ago very solid car needed doors really and interior really
Did you go to the seller's house and look at it? If yes, now imagine that he never mentioned 'bring a 4WD' lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I thought a Canadian bumper was a 2x piece of wood.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
[Begin hijack, sorry]

Are they referred to as "2x4s" in countries that use the metric system? Or are they "5x10s"?
:)

[End hijack]

the wood comes from the trees that existed before the metric system was imposed on us so the wood is still 2" x 4"...... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor