Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
gun hd GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
"Saskatchewan chrome" got me to do an Andre the Giant size laugh at work. Well done Sir.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Welcome to 2020.

As far as the car and bumpers, i don't think its a scam. A scam indicates he's trying to screw you. I think your dealing with a der, a duh or a dolt. Either one are dangerous and will mentally pummel you.
I missed this response originally. And I believe you're spot on with your description.

Now that I've calmed down from this der, duh or dolt as you put it. When we arrived we found this guy's house was on a city street that has 'on street parking'. Of course the street was full on one side, so it was a one lane street for traffic, but still a 2 way street (??? Pittsburgh???). My perspective from standing in the street : the car was behind the guys house next to the basement garage door about 70' from the road - and the best part - 30-35' below the grade of the road - no paved driveway, but a dirt path on a 45 degree incline.

After getting down into there and getting the car loaded, I had to perform a K-turn in his and the neighbor's back yard, that is now a little worse for the wear (ruts) and I came out of there at about 20 mph with dirt, gravel, sod and mud flying.

As I mentioned - he never mentioned that I might want to bring a 4WD. A couple of days later and I'm smiling about it - I was about to have a moment of anguish and anxiety on Sunday lol - which I rarely, if ever have.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Nothing like a fun adventure, did you make the most of Pittsburgh and get some food?

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
My 87 SS has the "Pontiac" Nose since it was made in Pontiac MI. As for the aluminum bumper brackets, my cousin has an Olds with aluminum hood/radiator support and bumper brackets. It is not a Canadian car.

Old ElCo Dude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2020
Nice score BTW and judging from ads I've seen lately I don't think you overpaid at all considering the shape thebody/frame is.
Are the aluminum bumpers harder to come by or are they the most popular option for most G body's ?

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
20 Years ago I ordered the Export Bracks for my T-type. They were less than $20/pair Brand new.

I think they might be better called "Reagan" brackets because his administration had the standard lowered from 5 mph to 2.5 mph in 1982 for the 1983 model year:

They would only be used on the cheapest models, because People get pissed off when it costs $1,000 to fix the damage from a 4 mph impact.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Nice score BTW and judging from ads I've seen lately I don't think you overpaid at all considering the shape thebody/frame is.
Are the aluminum bumpers harder to come by or are they the most popular option for most G body's ?

All '86 Turbo Regals got AL bumper supports. In '87, None of the GN's got AL bumper supports.

Some ALuminum Parts are rare (like Aluminum brake drums) but only Non Posi cars and GNX's got them from the factory, so if you weren't one of the "Lucky 547", finding a car with aluminum Brake drums was a bad sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor