Removing AC, but keeping my heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
86 SS EL Camino, bone stock. I'd like to start making room in my engine bay by removing some stuff, and then I realized I've never used my ac, I always have my windows down. But, I DO use my heater al lot in the winter, because t gets pretty cold here. What can I remove from my engine bay that is associated with AC, but not the heat? Can I remove the AC pump (it's in my way for a dual snorkel air cleaner as it is)? I've seen a lot of people with ac delete plates on the passenger-side firewall. Could I do that too? Any hel is appreciated. Thanks

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Here is a picture of what I meant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 1,373

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Oh, and it's a 395 V8. Don't k ow if that matters for this.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
the way Guy did his is probably the cleanest way to keep the firewall (looks good by the way!), I deleted my A/C by going with a non A/C heater box but that still leaves you with an ugly heater box on the firewall, and you still have to remove and replace the complete ducting under the dash as the 2 are completely different.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Guy,
That's a nice clean method of deleting the a/c and yet keeping the heater. Very clean setup. A lot cleaner than the OE heat only box...and it increases engine bay room.

I would keep the a/c-heater box, and all the a/c components. I'm sure you can sell it if that's what you choose to do.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Guy,
That's a nice clean method of deleting the a/c and yet keeping the heater. Very clean setup. A lot cleaner than the OE heat only box...and it increases engine bay room

Thanks for the compliment !!!
And it works much better than the factory heater did,this one blows more air on low than the old one did on high.
Guy

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes, it certainly does look like it would be more effective and efficient.
Thanks for sharing the good information. It won't help me, but I'm sure it will help other guys.
I just had my a/c revamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor