Removing headliner from Malibu coupe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotech

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2016
I am planning in removing the headliner for repair ( I never done this before) , I was wondering if someone can tell me the order in how to remove it from the car. Will I need to buy befor hand clips?

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
You will need to buy clips before hand if you ate installing right away they will break or at least most.

I had redone mine

Looking at the pic you can see what is need to be removed.

Basically all the trim along the liner, visors and seat belts.

Clean off the old foam make it as clean as you can be careful not to bend to much.

Once the board is clean use a uphostery a. You can get it at your local parts store. Follow the directions thoroughly. Then place you're fabric. Then cut as needed

Rotech

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2016
So purchase clips first hmmm.... Did u need to remove front seats? Where did u get fabric locally? How about the clips?

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I got the clips from ebay. You can get then from mikesmontes.com to. The headliner I got from npdlink.com they have the correct color liner. You may get lucky and get something close from a fabric store with the same color. A fabric store near me had it but I had mine installed already.

No need to remove the seats.

Rotech

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2016
Do the clips come in a combo? Or you need to specifily detail which one u want?

Rotech

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2016
Thank you for your help... I want to achive the looks that your car has, thank you again V8 Runble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor