Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Must have been asleep during that lesson. :D

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
is there anything different when doing this on a '78-80 Cutlass?

just wondering... my top got ripped off when my cutlass got stolen.. I liked the top, but now that it's gone i figure it'll be easier/cheaper to leave it off since the whole car needs a repaint now.. (it didn't need a damn thing before it got stolen)

I'd just like to figure out what I need to make it right. I've been told on '78-80 The side windows were the same between vinyl and non vinyl... just not sure about the rear filler, or the window trim..

88CuttyClassic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2011
silent_orchestra said:
is there anything different when doing this on a '78-80 Cutlass?

just wondering... my top got ripped off when my cutlass got stolen.. I liked the top, but now that it's gone i figure it'll be easier/cheaper to leave it off since the whole car needs a repaint now.. (it didn't need a damn thing before it got stolen)

I'd just like to figure out what I need to make it right. I've been told on '78-80 The side windows were the same between vinyl and non vinyl... just not sure about the rear filler, or the window trim..
dont quote me on this but i would think on a 78-80 the 1/4 windows wouldnt matter because the window is recessed into the body where as the 81-88 cutlass its flush with the body and addition weather strip was needed if a top was not on the car.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
I just ripped off mine and in the process of body work around the windows. Mine is an 86 and I fit the windows back in, just to see, and the windows seem to sit flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor