Removing vinyl top. Opera lights, too?

Should I remove the opera lights along with the vinyl top?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IhaveNoPantsOn

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2009
Holyoke, MA
I am starting the process of removing my vinyl top, and I don't know if I want to remove the opera lights also. Anybody have pics of a non-vinyl top car w/ opera lights? I like how it looks without them, but it seems like quite a bit of body work would be involved to fill the holes once I remove them. But, I have to remove them to remove the top anyways, so I just don't know. Thanks.

Once I find my digital camera, I should have some pics up.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
If you do pull the opera lights, let me know. I've been looking for a set.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Just a warning that may save you some grief.

On the 79 GP, all the window trim (quarter, back and even over the front doors) for a non vinyl is different, took 2 years to find all the correct pieces and that is the easy part.

On the top of the window, the roofline is different. I ended up cutting the piece out of a donor car.

See how on the black Xvinyl car the area above the window is concave and has no drip rail. The red donor piece will need to be spliced in and the window trim from a front a pillar will have to be replaced.
789150293308_0_ALB1.jpg

May have kept/recovered the roof if I knew it was such a hassle.

Later cars might be different but it is worth looking into.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I don't think the drip rail is included on the 81-87 GP, and if not, it should be similar to removing it on a Cutlass. BTW, I voted to remove the lights too as it looks cleaner without them. I think they were only used on landau top cars as I have never seen a GP with no top and opera lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor