Replacing my control arms/springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Anybody else use iaauto.com for car parts? Looking for good upper and lower control arms/springs/shocks to put on my 86 cutlass. And should i get slightly shorter springs for the front?

Last edited:

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I'm selling adjustable upper control arms in the for sale section here. Add some lowering springs ( I used Eibachs ), get a good alignment when everythings installed and you're good to go.

Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I'm selling adjustable upper control arms in the for sale section here. Add some lowering springs ( I used Eibachs ), get a good alignment when everythings installed and you're good to go.
Thanks but I want 100% brand new parts. Nothing is more exciting than opening a box and seeing nice new parts ready to get slapped on!

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I prefer new parts backed by warranty. When you get your oil changed, you tell them to put the old filter back on? I hope not. That "old" part has run it's course and needs replaced. Since the car is 30yrs old, I'm sure parts have run it's course and needs new ones. And I will be happy and will enjoy buying/installing new parts on my car knowing that it will be safer/better driving down the road.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
No. I tell them to change the filter and put the old oil back in.....:cool:

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
No. I tell them to change the filter and put the old oil back in.....:cool:
The main reason I want new control arms is because I went to get the car aligned and they said I need new ball joints and bushings. The cost to do that is more than buying new parts.......so I would like new parts and not worry about anything else..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The main reason I want new control arms is because I went to get the car aligned and they said I need new ball joints and bushings. The cost to do that is more than buying new parts.......so I would like new parts and not worry about anything else..

if you have the money to buy all new then go for it, personally I would have no problem buy the uppers that DoubleV is selling since they are a top quality upper made by a US company and he's sellign them at a very reasonable price. DoubleV has been a member here for a long time so I trust what he is selling. Also I would rather put the money in the pocket of another member than to buy parts that may be made in china. As for the shop telling you that you need new ball joints and bushings I would not trust them and I would check it out myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor