Replacing Vinyl top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
I know there used to be a thread on this, but i coudnt find it? How much should i expect it to cost me to replace the vinyl top? I was considering even getting a full vinyl top and going with a 60's muscle car theme with black stripes black interior and black vinyl top, with rallye wheels, but Im not sure if the tops gunna break my budget? Anyone had theirs replaced?

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
About ten years ago. $250 then I'm thinking. Still looks brand new.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
thats not terrible... i was expecting more... i guess ill actually have to go ask

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
I heard that a local shop did them for $300. Sounded low for all the labor involved.

supreme_eighty5

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Upstate, NY
just try it yourself, around by me most shops will charge around 4-600 for a top replacement. i pulled my top off the other day and am about to buy some vinyl and do it my self, its not that bad, i did one on my '90 cadillac.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you get a quote around $300-$400 it's more than likely that they are only going place a new piece of vinyl over the old one. If you are going to get it replaced then I would suggest you remove the old one to save on labor costs and to check out for any rust that may hiding under the vinyl roof...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor