Roadster Shop SPEC or Schwartz Perf. chassis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric4953

n00b
Sep 5, 2022
Does anyone have any experience with these chassis?
I have a tired suspension, rear end and want to do an LS swap. With one of these chassis, I'll start fresh, and the cost is offset by cost of new suspension, rear, shocks, LS mounts etc., not to mention the stiffness of the new chassis. Any thoughts??

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Does anyone have any experience with these chassis?
I have a tired suspension, rear end and want to do an LS swap. With one of these chassis, I'll start fresh, and the cost is offset by cost of new suspension, rear, shocks, LS mounts etc., not to mention the stiffness of the new chassis. Any thoughts??
Not sure you'd go wrong w/either one really.

That being said, one of the main deficiencies w/the OEM A/G body platforms chassis is the converging 4-bar/links being @ different lengths/centers. I'd take a true 4-bar set-up w/Panhard bar or Watts over any type of C4L arrangement thus tilting toward the RS chassis over Schwartz. It's been a minute since I've priced one out through each company so unless the Schwartz is way cheaper, it would be RS for me. When I did price them out (pre-Pandemic) it was well over 15k though for either option.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've swapped two a body's to roadster shop chassis's,they're nice. I can't speak to the Schwartz however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor