Roll Call: Who on site does custom work on the side - 3d printing, engraving, machining, vinyl graphics, etc

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
While I have a personal interest in this list, it would also serve as a resource for other members (potentially) to help supplement some side income.

You don't need to say exactly everything you would make, as to not get into any types of trouble, but, just what forms of materials you work in would be helpful.

And if you're not interested in being publicly identified as you'd feel bad about turning members down but, could be interested jn the occasional one off project I've got in mind, please PM me directly.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I’d be interested if anyone here does vinyl graphics, ultimate goal is to find someone or some place that can scan my one NOS roll of woodgrain and replicate it on some good 3M type vinyl that will hold up. I would have to think the technology is there, just who can/is willing to do it.

Reactions: 3 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
good idea.. here's me anyway.

- 3d printing: FDM in PLA, PETG, ASA, I can get set up for ABS if I need. Resin printing for small parts.
- I've got two 3d scanners that need more use
- I don't print vinyl, but I could probably design whatever and get it sent off.
- I do restos on old radios and I've started with other electronics. tvs, stereos,
- video editing, web dev, coding, soup to nuts in computers practically.

link in the new sig.

Reactions: 10 users

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
I use SolidWorks and can 3D model just about anything you could come up with.
I have a 3D printer but i'm not 'good' at that yet - you'd be better off with GP403 for that.
My side gig is routing - I have a 4ft x 4ft CNC router and I cut acrylic and aluminum.
And through my work, I can do just about anything in metal - we have a 1500W fiber laser, a waterjet, & we weld and powder coat. Me and a few other car guys there are always making & doing things.
I'd be happy to help anybody here if I can - and chances are that if I can, it'll be very reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Sharky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 18, 2015
Sparks, NV
While I have a personal interest in this list, it would also serve as a resource for other members (potentially) to help supplement some side income.

You don't need to say exactly everything you would make, as to not get into any types of trouble, but, just what forms of materials you work in would be helpful.

And if you're not interested in being publicly identified as you'd feel bad about turning members down but, could be interested jn the occasional one off project I've got in mind, please PM me directly.
I know a guy... Im down to 1 working printer currently, but will get back into it after LSFest West is over. Solidworks, Fusion360 etc. Printing everything in PETG or ABS because PLA and heat/Sun are not friends.

Attachments

• 20230223_120515.jpg
    20230223_120515.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • ventthumbnail.jpg
    ventthumbnail.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240112_191101.jpg
    20240112_191101.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: 4 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
bringing this thread back up jarred my memory. I know there are parts hard to find or not even re-popped. but I'm not a materials guy, couldn't tell PET from ABS.

I come across parts once in awhile (free/cheap to me) that I wouldn't mind sending to one of these guys if they could replicate it (including any surface patterns) and then have available for others. Parts like seat track feet covers or the original cargo hooks used on the 5th gen El Camino. Instead of someone trying to track down who could do it, could we use this thread or a similar one to post items and see who might be interested?

Reactions: 3 users

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
bringing this thread back up jarred my memory. I know there are parts hard to find or not even re-popped. but I'm not a materials guy, couldn't tell PET from ABS.

I come across parts once in awhile (free/cheap to me) that I wouldn't mind sending to one of these guys if they could replicate it (including any surface patterns) and then have available for others. Parts like seat track feet covers or the original cargo hooks used on the 5th gen El Camino. Instead of someone trying to track down who could do it, could we use this thread or a similar one to post items and see who might be interested?
As a 'maker', I think this is a great idea. Could it be its own section in the classifieds with a sticky for the 'maker list' and individual posts for requests? However it's done, I'm happy to help this community.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Loving this! I'm using 70's "442" emblems on my project when the time comes (instead of decals). I was looking to have some "HHP" emblems that matched them made, and then plastic chromed. This is making me think.

I know a guy... Im down to 1 working printer currently, but will get back into it after LSFest West is over. Solidworks, Fusion360 etc. Printing everything in PETG or ABS because PLA and heat/Sun are not friends.
Love those Door Jamb Vents! They need an Olds Rocket.

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I've forgot about this one & I'd like to get copies of the Vette power mirror back plate/frame made for a few spares.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor