Roll Call: Who on site does custom work on the side - 3d printing, engraving, machining, vinyl graphics, etc

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
A buddy of mine wants the old script "El Camino" emblem on his GBody El Camino. I looked for a 2-ply (2-color) material to try & found something from Rowmark. The samples they sent are thin (1/16", too thin) and are brushed aluminum faced instead of chrome, but after reading this thread again I thought what the heck, and test cut it. Results are below. As expected... it's visually too thin, and the brushed face doesn't pop like chrome would. But, it's feasible, inexpensive and cool & unique things could be done with this.

elcamino (1).jpg

elcamino (2).jpg

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I got some minor skills. I can do hobbyist repro and custom decals that you can't seem to find anywhere else, and Chevy/Olds G-body window stickers for your car.

I can punch cut keys to replace your old worn out ones, make new keys from your locks, even if you lost the keys (would require lock disassembly). Also I can rebuild your door locks and glovebox locks, key them the same if needed, etc. Just ask oldsofb if he's satisfied.
funny you mention keys . got a book I picked up last year of lock cylinder codes from 1985-~94 and PASSKEY with resistor values 😁

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
A buddy of mine wants the old script "El Camino" emblem on his GBody El Camino. I looked for a 2-ply (2-color) material to try & found something from Rowmark. The samples they sent are thin (1/16", too thin) and are brushed aluminum faced instead of chrome, but after reading this thread again I thought what the heck, and test cut it. Results are below. As expected... it's visually too thin, and the brushed face doesn't pop like chrome would. But, it's feasible, inexpensive and cool & unique things could be done with this.

View attachment 237651
since I'll be doing a front end swap with a Cutlass Supreme, does that make it a Camino Supreme or a Cutmino? I like the old script like your Grand Prix pictured above

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
or even Cutty Sark...
You can add an "H" and go nuts with the Cutty Shark theme. A shark face on the front fenders with teeth showing, a grey/ charcoal color scheme with red interior, and a shark fin antenna on the roof. Screenshot_20240408-143653~2.png

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor