Rotors: usable, or returnable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
all joking aside I hope your car isn't off the road waiting on the rotors......
Whelp, it's the truck, but yes, it'll be laid up until new rotors are here. It's life these days, all you can do is roll with it... and/or have a relaxing cocktail on the covered balcony during the thunderstorm right now that is.

All in all not a bad end for the day after the BS.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Pretty much exactly how it played out. I did get contradictory responses though and will need to call again tomorrow.

First guy said just hold onto these for at least 2 weeks in case UPS wanted to either examine them or take them.

Later, received an email that a replacnet pair was being sent out, BUT, if the original set wasn't received back before 30 days I'd get charged for both.

Not sure how I return them if UPS takes them... so we'll see...
Summit was pretty good on sending the second Pypes kit when it was first thought the one tail pipe was bent from the UPS guy pole vaulted the box in the yard (packing "bent" pipe with mud). They told me UPS had two weeks to claim the first kit if they opt to pick it up or just eat it, UPS ate it & I got to keep the first kit.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I thought Summit included a return label on back of the packing list?
If that was even left in the box... :confused:

It's one of those things that happen. There's been several "crushed" parts over the years I've received from various vendors/individuals. Sometimes it was the packer's fault, but most of the time it's something that happened during shipment. There's a HUGE difference in packing for storage in the basement than there is for shipping half-way across the country. A lot of it's conveyer belt action, several feet off the floor, if something jams or gets in the way, boxes slip or vibrate off the belt and onto the floor. Also, the boxes are usually stacked on top of each other without regard to shifting during shipping, etc. Big totes unloaded with fork lifts, and sometimes sh*t happens. You have to pack stuff as if it were a live grenade you don't want going off in your face.

The biggest pisser I've had with virtually no packing was when I ordered a "big size" wrench set for my guys at work (when I used to do that) from Sears from the discretionary account. Craftsman were fairly decent tools, at a reasonable price. We already spent zillions with Snap-On and I wasn't going that route, so I ran across a "deal" on this Craftsman wrench set. So what did they do? They put these wrenches of various large sizes into a single cardboard box loose, shipping weight was 64.5 lbs, and put TWO of those little 2" x 4" air pillow packing things in there with them. TWO!! When the box arrived, there were 4 big wrenches left that wouldn't fit through the various holes in the box the other wrenches escaped through. The box weighed about 14.5 lbs when it arrived. Needless to say, Sears had a lot of "splainin" to do. What a pack of morons in that shipping department. You'd think they'd just put a ziptie through the closed ends or around them at LEAST. I was so disgusted with that. The insult was the two little packing air pillows. Of course, UPS never acknowledged them or came and got the package, and Sears sent out a new set. In the meantime, had to go to an industrial tool place to pick up a few "must have right now" wrenches in the needed sizes. Time is money. Wasted time is wasted money.

Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
My guess is send it back? It'll be summit and wasnt to my knowledge a drop ship. Just hate to push the project back another week or more.

As fast as they spin I'd assume things
like that will make vibration issues, and that's if it doesn't have other issues being bent at all out of round.

You could probably use them but I would send them back just because of principle. Why should anyone accept damaged parts?

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So, the "replacements" arrived, and it's another fubared effort.
20200522_171433.jpg

This time they removed the rotors from the original boxes, and, put a piece of the thinnest 1/32" veneer plywood I've ever seen??? Wtf, why would you do that?

20200522_171636.jpg

Anyways, hubs damaged again, rotor surface is missing pieces on the edges, and there's scratches and gouges into the pad-surface face of the rotors.

20200522_172040.jpg

20200522_172253.jpg

20200522_171720.jpg
20200522_171730.jpg

And as an added bonus, one showed up already rusty....

20200522_172343.jpg

themz junk!!!

This has me questioning if the blanks they machine are junk? Is this inferior steel, or, are there just complete and utter morons sending it?

I'd use them. It isn't like FedEx or UPS is going to do any better on the second set.

Pick some lottery numbers for me to play, you seem to have a gift.

I thought Summit included a return label on back of the packing list?

Hasn't been a packing list in either of the two shipments now...

You could probably use them but I would send them back just because of principle. Why should anyone accept damaged parts?

X2... if I'm paying full price for something, I want it as it was manufactured. Somewhere in the supply chain someone can't handle safely transporting the goods, that's on them.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
So, the "replacements" arrived, and it's another fubared effort.
View attachment 146798

This time they removed the rotors from the original boxes, and, put a piece of the thinnest 1/32" veneer plywood I've ever seen??? Wtf, why would you do that?

View attachment 146804

Anyways, hubs damaged again, rotor surface is missing pieces on the edges, and there's scratches and gouges into the pad-surface face of the rotors.

View attachment 146799

View attachment 146800

View attachment 146801
View attachment 146802

And as an added bonus, one showed up already rusty....

View attachment 146803

This has me questioning if the blanks they machine are junk? Is this inferior steel, or, are there just complete and utter morons sending it?

Pick some lottery numbers for me to play, you seem to have a gift.

Hasn't been a packing list in either of the two shipments now...

X2... if I'm paying full price for something, I want it as it was manufactured. Somewhere in the supply chain someone can't handle safely transporting the goods, that's on them.
WOW! When I bought my cross drilled rotors off Fleabay over ten years ago, they came in slightly better packed Priority Mail boxes with some damage to the boxs but the rotors were unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor