Satin clearcoat questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
pontiacgp said:
I have not buffed it yet and I have a few beer riding on it. The finish of the clear is a chemical reaction and not the texture of the finish so buffing a layer off the clear would not affect the gloss level so I'm expecting to be collecting all the beer owed to me on the bet.. 😀
:lol: Whats better than being right and given beer because of it?!

You'll lose the bet.

Black Sheep said:
pontiacgp said:
Black Sheep said:
You'll lose the bet.

the clear coat is matt so even removing a thin layer it's still matt underneath

And then you hit it with the buffer and it.........polishes it, making it reflective or glossy. Trust me.

Good article with some helpful tips:

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/fbom ... ewall.html

I don't trust too many people and thanks but as far as tips I have a client who has built and painted cars that end up at Sema so I'll rely on him. The clear cannot be reflective or glossy if it's matt. It is harder to get an even finish with buffing but it's not impossible. Also this is not something I'm considering to do, I'm doing it cause there are some dry areas and if it doesn't work out I'll pick up the beer. I'm repainting the car anyway because the paint I used has too much metallic in it for my liking so I want to know what to expect if I ever need to buff it for some reason in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor