Say Hello to the New Project, Something different

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Well I spoke a couple weeks back that I would be getting a 71' Plymouth Roadrunner. Here she is. All origional numbers matching 383 big block 4 speed, bikini vinyl top, rally buckets, pistol grip shifter and console, AC (kinda rare on a 4 speed car), factory hood racing pins, RUST FREE CAL car. Taken off the road in 77' and has 100,000 origional miles. Also has origional exhaust that is in pretty good shape. Guy got it off a mechanic lean and brought it to Dallas. Well it sat in his garage for 20 years since 1989. This car is about as origional as you can get, especially a mopar. All us G's know these Mopars fully restored can rake in major money, but don't intend to sell. Bought the car for $7500. Here's some pics:

Nov08069.jpg

Nov08066.jpg

Nov08065.jpg

Nov08062.jpg

Let me know what you guys think (Yes I know were chevy, pontiac, buick guys) Here's my transformer spitfire.

Nov08049.jpg

Nov08052.jpg

Nov08053.jpg

Nov08042.jpg

Nov08038.jpg

f'in sweet mopar pat!!!! driven that b*tch around yet!? is it fast? You gunna keep this one origional or is there gunna be a transformer on this one too? gunna keep the yellow paint? more pics of the interior

id be keeping it original...

This baby is gonna be restored to origional specs. With the rare options this car has, including the vinyl top, AC in a 4 speed car, and the Dictephone (One of the first ever casette recorders put in cars that was meant for doctors) which sell for 1500$ on ebay, this car could sell for 40-60K, but of course I'm not going to sell it (EVER!). Look in the engine bay and the origional yellow is called curious yellow. This is a one off special roadrunner and the guy threw in an additional 69' 4 speed that is clean as a whistle and a new rear windshield. Here's some of the interior that does need work. The gas tank has a small pin hole that I'm gonna weld back shut after I flush it out for the third time lol. The motor turns over (put gas down the carter AFB carb) and starts up. This car doesn't need the transformer theme since its theme is Warner Bros. cartoon Roadrunner. Even has the origional horn that is produced to make the exact same "Beep Beep" sound as the cartoon.

Nov08061.jpg

Nov08070.jpg

Nov08071.jpg

You can see the Dictephone mounted on the front of the shifter console, along with that sweet wood grain 4 speed pistol grip shifter.

that interior is not bad at ALL.... just get the headliner and seats reupholstered...thats nicer than my regals interior lol

The other thing is the dash but the good thing about the mopars is that the bottom half of the dash is steel while the top half is vinyl or whatever material. I'm gonna get the dash reupolstered and maybe carpet while I'm at it too.

i no exactly what you mean about mopars bringing in big money, my dads has a 72 dart 340 6pac and he gets offers everytime he goes out driving, oh yeah and its plum crazy purple!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor