SBC HEI CAP ????'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
My position is: if a product is made to an OEM specification, it doesn't matter where it's made. It's when you buy off the wall brands that are just spec'd as: Make me a part that fits *** as cheap as you can and we don't care what its made out of. My CTS assembled in Lansing MI has a rear harness made in China! My Audi is assembled in Ingolstadt Germany with Hungarian power train and bunches of VW stamped parts from all over the world! The SS has parts made in Canada, note my fuel tank! the 81 Vette wheels are stamped on the inside with "Hecho En Mejico" W are the world!
Fuel Tank (2).jpg

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
i just run cheap oem caps but use brass contacts for the aluminum ones corroded from hi volt coil and cold freezing temps with any kind of moisture

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sending your money to Mexico or Canada is a much different thing than sending it China. It's difficult to not buy anything made in China but I make a conscious effort not to.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
My point wasn't about where the money goes. It was about the perception of quality. and how we assume that made in some other country is inferior to made in another country. I remember when Made in Japan was thought to be pure junk, then it was Made in Taiwan, then Made in Korea and so on and so on. There are some things that nobody in world makes in the quality of: Swiss watches, Japanese Cameras, Italian Pizza? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor