sbc info

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
ok i got a stock 350 out of a 70 chvelle in my 79 cutlass with 650cfm eb gbody headers 3''stright pipes into 3'' 40s flowmasters what can i do to get a lil more power out of the motor the car is my daly summer driver so im not looking to push big power but a little more couldent hurt its got a set of 883 heads on it and would like to swap them out for something els so what is a good stock set of heads to go with im not looking to dump a lot of money into it as its my daly summer driver abd gas is already enf at $4.25 a gal but id like a little bit more power for when i do start to play with it i have a 200+lbs sub box in the trunk and its def harder to get the back wheels spinning when doing a brack stand with the subs in the trunk but makes um smoke a heck of a lot more the timing i set at 12d btdc would bering it back to 10d btdc give me a little more power out of it what little things can i do to make a little more power with a stock sbc 350

The easiest thing to do is to take the 200 lbs. of sh*t out of your trunk...
Not only will the car feel faster, it will handle better and get better fuel economy.

As far as actual modifications...
3" exhaust is WAY too big for a stock 350 that probably only has 250 hp if you're lucky.
2.25" or 2.5" at the most will help it run a lot better.

I would start with cam/intake/carb (if they are still stock ones).

just get a cd of a car burning rubber and play that whenever you feel the need with the 200 pounds in your trunk... :mrgreen:

I got all that weight in my trunk too and I can spin em no problem. Has edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock carb (Idk Wat size, came on car) and 40 series flowmasters. Besides that I'm pretty sure its stock. Lol. So you probly wont need to dump a bunch of money to Get to where u want.

yeah well i just got done putting more in my trunk had just 2 15'' diamond d6s and a 4000 watt amp now i got the 2 15''s and 2 12'' jl w7s with a 2200 watt amp for the w7s and a 1500watt amp for the highs and mids shes loud besides that the motor is all stock sep for the 650 cfm edelbrock carb and headers iv been thinkin about swaping a dif intake and maybe the heads and maybe a mid cam but not sure what to go with for a daly driver set up im just looking to pick up a little bit more power for when i start to play with her i went head and went with the 3'' exhaust becuz i plan to pick up some more power and was worndering what some others are running on there daly drivers ima look on craigslist for a nice intake if i dont find anything on there ima go to the pick in pull yard tomorrow and see what i can find so whats a good set of heads and cam for a daly driver??

How much $$$ do you want to spend?

well being that its my daly driver and im getting ready to start back up on my 83 trans am set up for street and strip id like to keep the cutllass cheaper id like to keep the motor upgrades to around like $500 manly just looking for a stock set of heads aftermarket intake and cam a uesed intake would be fine but id like to get a new cam the cam will wait for this winter when i pull the motor and trans back out to rebuild the bouth of them just looking for something good for a daly driver whats a good set of stock gm heads that will be good for what im tryin to do the ones on my 350 now are the 883 heads should i just keep thos and get them ported and polished i dont kno much about the 883 heads but iv read that thay are junk heads but really im not looking to make a lot of power 350hp would be fine

hey thanks for that link i mit go with a set of thos heads if i dont find something els im talking to a guy with a fully rebuilt ported and polished set of sportsman II heads 2.055 intake valves and 160 exhaust with 7/16 studs with stud girdle for $400 are thay good heads worth the $400 hes askin if so ill go grab them up tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor