SBC VALVE SEALS????'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a new sbc Promaxx 200 heads that has been ran for about 3 minutes and I need to change out the springs locators and springs so I will have to remove the valve seals anyone now what valve seals I need to install?Thanks

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Why are you changing after only running three min.?? Positive valve stem seals. You need to choose the right material for your application

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I hope you are installing the springs the cam requires which should have been done in the first place. Make sure the springs are installed to the proper install height (valve spring mic's are cheap) and make sure your valve train geometry is correct - might need new push rods.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
A man's got to know his limitations. I wouldn't try anything beyond straight replacement parts on a stock maintenance rebuild. I'll pay someone else for horsepower dreams.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Can you supply some more details?

What cam is in it - specifically?
Why did it run for3 minutes?
What springs are you installing?
What is the application of this motor? We shouldn't assume that it's a daily driver that makes 400hp.
Do you have a seal installing tool and a valve spring micronometer?

Most every machine shop will have the seals you need. lilbowtie hit all of the hot spots - you need to know the spring to know the correct installed height which leads to the correct open and seat pressure. If you bought these heads new from Promaxx, then I'm sure that they are more than willing to supply you with the correct info for the seals.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This a factory roller block with dogbone style lifter retainers?
What are you using for rockers?
And do you know how to determine push rod length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor