Schwartz Perf chassis under a Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm wondering if you have put your car on a set of scales yet and what camber settings do you have? On those flat tracks I think a larger front bar would help. When we raced the G body on a track with little banking we'd use a 1200 lbs spring on the right front cause we had to run a stock bar but you wouldn't want to drive that on the street.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
pontiacgp said:
I'm wondering if you have put your car on a set of scales yet and what camber settings do you have? On those flat tracks I think a larger front bar would help. When we raced the G body on a track with little banking we'd use a 1200 lbs spring on the right front cause we had to run a stock bar but you wouldn't want to drive that on the street.

I have not scaled it yet, but it's in the works. I have a 1/2 degree camber for the street and Jeff said 1* for the autocross or track. It has a splined sway bar that I have no specs on and the front coilovers are single adjustable Ridetechs with 450 lb. springs. I had the shocks set at 12 out of 24 to start. Jeff suggested stiffing the front 5 clicks. He also had me raise the tire perssure. This made a world of difference on the track but on the street it was very harsh compared to 12. With this adjustment it's for compression only. Also keep in mind that none of this chassis or suspension is stock g body. The pickup points, a-arms, spindles, sway bars and triangulated 4 link is all Schwartz made. That's way I was ask more times than I can recall what I did to this Monte to make it handle.

Anyone that does not know Jeff Schwartz should check out his racing history. This man knows his stuff and I will not second guess him.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
Josh and I are headed to the Sandhills of Nebraska to participate in the Sandhills Open Road Challenge this weekend on an invite from Team Optima. What an honor and thank you to Jeff Schwartz and Jimi Day for the opportunity.

We are in the 90 mph class and have never ran a rally race like this or any other. Need to average 90 in a 55 mile run with a top limit of 120 mph. I will drive with Josh navigating. I've had that excited/nervous feeling for a week now. also will run the 1/2 mile shoot out.

Dan

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
SEMA and the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational, HERE WE COME. Josh and I were selected from the Sandshill Open Road Challenge last weekend. I was stunned and still have a hard time believing we were selected. The Monte ran great. If you have never done an open road rally, do it. This was 55 miles with a tech speed of 120. LEGALLY. Goal was a 91 mph average in the 55 miles. We were closer to 92 and finished 8th out of 12 in the Optima class.

12747e5e.jpg

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I watched that on TV the other night. Very cool event :!: I didn't see your ride on the show but I imagine it was a blast.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
Scaled the Monte today. Here is the results. Please give some feedback on how this compares to other Monte SS's and
G-bodies. This was with a full tank of gas and no driver or passenger.

Dan

5d403574fda74fca5dc9e1f306f8136a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor