Schwartz Perf chassis under a Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
84cutlassjuggalo said:
I'd put a 1JZ or 2JZ toyota motor in the car because it would still be a 6 cylinder but with a ton more power than any v6 plus the 2JZs have the ability to get up into the 1000 hp range (i'd only go 400-500 max lol). I love th build though and glad you went with this instead of the RS
Wait.... :wtf: An import 6 banger over a GM LS motor??? Your high

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
-83MONTESS- said:
84cutlassjuggalo said:
I'd put a 1JZ or 2JZ toyota motor in the car because it would still be a 6 cylinder but with a ton more power than any v6 plus the 2JZs have the ability to get up into the 1000 hp range (i'd only go 400-500 max lol). I love th build though and glad you went with this instead of the RS
Wait.... :wtf: An import 6 banger over a GM LS motor??? Your high

nope i'm sober as a nun plus drugs are more expensive than fixing my gbodies lol.

I would rather the import 6 banger over a gm LS motor because 1 it' more unique than an LS motor 2 every one and their dog drops a LS motor in their cars to the point it's more played out than fart cans on civics. 3 i'd rather keep 6 cylinders than 8 especially since seeing what's happened to a lot of the cars in Forumla D

I'll always admit the LS motors are good especialy the ones that have the option to shut off 4 cylinders when ever you want to save mpg but they're just the lazy way to get HP. I would rather build a built carbed 350, 454, 383 etc than put an LS in anything I own. I also love toyota and the 2JZ motors are proven to take abuse and are less expensive than a RB motor and again I just hate the LS motor becuase it has been used so much that it has no personality to it. i'd take a tired old 350 over an LS any day in my ride but that's just me

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
Did my first autocross today. If you have not done this, you are missing out! The Monte and the Schwartz chassis performed great. I cannot believe the grip it had. Time to look into four or five point harness. Several of the local expets were very impressed with the attitude of the car, not my driving, and said it had amazing potential. They said I left 4-6 seconds on the track and explained throughout the day where I need to improve and gain that time. Can't wait for CarCraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAjy03CS ... ata_player

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the video comes up private. :? ...I am impressed and glad your car is not just a showpiece. I like it when a car is used for the purpose it was built. It'll take time to get your skills up, this may be a stupid question but you are driving with both your feet...you lose alot of time if you just use the right foot for the gas and brake

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
pontiacgp said:
the video comes up private. :? ...I am impressed and glad your car is not just a showpiece. I like it when a car is used for the purpose it was built. It'll take time to get your skills up, this may be a stupid question but you are driving with both your feet...you lose alot of time if you just use the right foot for the gas and brake

I tried on a couple passes to use both feet and by the end of each run I was down to just the right. Seat time is needed.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks for that video, you looked real good out there. The two feet method will take some seat time but it will be quicker.. and please keep the videos coming.. :D

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
While adjusting the rear shocks I snapped this picture. All the weight is on the jackstand. Is your chassis this stiff?

2012-07-17122725.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor