Schwartz Perf chassis under a Monte SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howebad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2012
Thought I'ld come on here and share the build of the first Schwartz G-body chassis. The 84 SS is 99% complete waiting on A/C fittings and a kit for the B&M shifter. Powered by a 500hp LS1/4L60E combo. All the work was done in my barn except the chassis build and paint. The paint was done by my son, Josh, at Hwakeye Comm. College as his final project.

The chassis has an AGR rack, Wilwood 13" brakes with 6 piston front calipers and 4 piston rear, Moser full floating 9" rear end with a Detroit trutrac and 3.50 gears, splined swaay bars, and Ridetech coilovers. Compared to the factory chassis, the Schwartz unit saved 119 lbs and is 200% stiffer.

I used FAST controlers for the transplant. DeWitt stepped up with a new line direct fit radiators for the G body, this one is unit #2 with dual spal fans. Take it out of the box and place in core support. Simple and a great company to deal with. XXr wheels are 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rears. Rears were widen to 12" by Weldcraft Wheels. Excellent work. Tires are BF Goodrich KDW's. 275-35-18 front, 335-30-18 rear. Procar Elite seats replaced the front buckets and the rear was recovered to match.

Ask any question. I will provide answers but I will not discuss price. This info will be provided from the manufacturers.
DSCF3334.jpg

monte34.jpg

monte39.jpg

DSCF3629.jpg

DSCF3631.jpg

DSCF3635.jpg

0d2f0888.jpg

875e7d4d.jpg

cf219a58.jpg

7cf1ddb6.jpg

c04cd63d.jpg

2012-07-01162651.jpg

2012-07-01110323.jpg

c0af60e6.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Outstanding! I'm sure it performs as well as it looks. Thanks for sharing with us.

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
That is super nice, thanks for posting pics. Very inspiring!

Dr. Rudy

Greasemonkey
Mar 19, 2011
Pennsylvania
how does it perform with the new chassis and brakes? I wanna do something similar with my A-body some day so let all of us know how she feels compared to before.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Looks Sweet! I know Schwartz makes a really nice chassis and I stil remember Jeff winning that handling challenge with that huge Caddy.
I also like that style bucket seats they fit the car well. Do you have pictures of the engine compartment with the headers installed? I'm curious how they get around your bar for the front coil over mount.
Looks like they did a nice job on the rim widening.
Oh and how much did it cost for ....... OOPS.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Is this Chassis number 001? Im sure he made protos or something but is this the first production one? Or were you also involved in the R&D of it?

Curious to hear your comments on the fit on the body. Any challenges?

I doubt id be able to afford one any time soon, but these aftermarket chassis have been on the bucket list since they day they came out.

Outstanding car! If you never told anyone it was done in a barn theyd never know. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor