• Buy adapters for black ford replicas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D's350GP

Apprentice
Aug 14, 2006
This seems a little unlikely, but im curious. Does anyone here have IROCs on their car? or even 18's or 20's? I generally prefer "go" to "show", but a friend of mine bought these rims and i fell in live with them (top). After doing a little digging i found them, but the're ford rims, and i dont know of any (safe) adapters i can use with them. So my second choice are IROCs, ive seen a million Montes with them but ive never seen a Grand Prix with them. If anybody has a set of IROCs on their GP, or even just bigger rims could you jpost them up? Thanks.
CobraReplica.jpg
80sMonte.jpg

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
I would go with 18". Too much more than that and I think it is a bit too much. Over 18 will give you some steering problems too.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I'd go with the 16" TT2's. Those things are awesome! Plus smaller tire cost less and is easier to mount and balance. I guess I'm old school but I have a small wheel inferiority complex :( I just think small wheels look better.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
what ever you want i guess. I like big rims but not huge ones. I have 15" and hate how small they are. They don't look good against the long body. but that's just me.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
well to run over 18" you basically have to lift the car. (different rear four link, and other stuff) 20" and 22" are too big without some type of mods. If you are willing then do what you will. remeber though it was meant depending on the year to have 14 or 15 in. rims. bigger rim even with a low profile tire can be larger than stock circumfrence. The tall the tire the more difference in ride quality and acceleration. that's mt two cents :)

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I am torn with the big wheel trend. Usually it looks good, but it so much more expensive so I stay away. I am pretty happy with my 14/15s. I do think, however that a set of chrome 17s would look killer on a lowered Gbody.

low_blazer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
I've never been a big fan of anything over a 20...anything bigger, to me, throws the proportions of just about any vehicle (outside a fullsize truck) out the window. And I like to see tire..lol...that's just me though. I think 20's on a G-body look good, especially if it's tucking half the wheel and laying on the ground :twisted:

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
383Camino said:
I am torn with the big wheel trend. Usually it looks good, but it so much more expensive so I stay away. I am pretty happy with my 14/15s. I do think, however that a set of chrome 17s would look killer on a lowered Gbody.
You said it! I agree with that all the way :wink:

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
383Camino said:

x2 im not a big fan of big wheels on gbodys or any other car, however i do think 17s or 18s lowered a inch or 2 makes them look sweeeeeeeet ( an 15s also 383 ) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor