BUILD THREAD Seem like forever

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I’m running the wilwood superlites that have the internal parking brake. I’ve got some fabrication work in front of me to mate the GM cable to the wilwood.
Wilwood uses the calipers and not inner drum I am guessing? Possibly a corvette setup? I was looking into the electric e-brake system but was way outside my price range. Wilwood should have a bracket system available I would think. Or look into a vehicle that used similar system to raid parts or ideas to make brackets.
As a possible odd out of the box idea, you could put a hydraulic brake lock on the line with a on/off switch instead of a momentary switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Starrjkd

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2022
Going to throw this at you (as I’m trying to do but with drums). Gather all the parts off an F body for an e-brake. You need all the mounts under body braces (they are part of the seatbelt bolt braces) and cables. Hand pull as it all sits offset to the shifter on the F body. And if you get the section of floor for cable travel through and weld in with the mounts.
Otherwise look at the electric brake setup from Kindiget
I’ll check into that thank you.

Starrjkd

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2022
I’m running the wilwood superlites that have the internal parking brake. I’ve got some fabrication work in front of me to mate the GM cable to the wilwood.
I unfortunately can’t use the original cable system because the roll cage took over its spot by the a pillar.

Reactions: 1 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Wilwood uses the calipers and not inner drum I am guessing? Possibly a corvette setup? I was looking into the electric e-brake system but was way outside my price range. Wilwood should have a bracket system available I would think. Or look into a vehicle that used similar system to raid parts or ideas to make brackets.
As a possible odd out of the box idea, you could put a hydraulic brake lock on the line with a on/off switch instead of a momentary switch.
Mine has an internal drum setup and is meant to bolt to a Ford style axle end. I assume it could be used with a pull style handle instead of the pedal.

Starrjkd

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2022
This is willwoods system really cool. Very disappointing I couldn’t get it to work

Attachments

• AC9296BE-4127-4793-BDA7-F0023922688C.jpeg
    AC9296BE-4127-4793-BDA7-F0023922688C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • 2C444BBD-B632-468D-BD25-07FDE1CCC6F5.jpeg
    2C444BBD-B632-468D-BD25-07FDE1CCC6F5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • FA945836-45A4-4BF6-9836-CFD803A164DC.jpeg
    FA945836-45A4-4BF6-9836-CFD803A164DC.jpeg
    933.9 KB · Views: 72

Starrjkd

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2022
I was thinking of that too sort of a line lock. I bought a drifter handle they use for drifting but then I heard they are illegal to have in a street car. Maybe that could still be a option still. How would anyone know unless I get caught drifting somewhere lol…

• Haha

Starrjkd

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2022
How much did they interfere with the frame in front?
They hit the control arm in in one set of holes or they hit the frame in the others, I tried all the options I could to hopefully make it work

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
They hit the control arm in in one set of holes or they hit the frame in the others, I tried all the options I could to hopefully make it work
I was just wondering if they’d work on a notched frame. I think I cleared 1” off the outside of mine. I potentially like the electrical version better than the cable setup for a couple reasons.

• Agree

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Mine has an internal drum setup and is meant to bolt to a Ford style axle end. I assume it could be used with a pull style handle instead of the pedal.

With a ford or any for that matter drum e-brakes with disc brakes it comes to having the brackets to hold the cables as needed. The mid 80’s F-bodies drum or later disc, from what I studied can be done as it looks as the cables will interchange inside and the retaining clips. At the handgrip it’s the how two become one. Chevy ( because that is what I was looking at) has two styles of Y shape hooks depending on years. I would imagine you could use a mustang or any type. Corvette on the later models (late 80’s 90’s?) have the handle inset into the body on the left side of the driver’s seat. Not the best to work with a g body as how I felt.
Do to lack of time I have not gathered the parts for mine as I put in a NWC 5 spd but have done a lot of salvage yard looking at the construction.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor