Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
What were you sent?

BTW, that site is just a broker if you will, they don't actually have parts, just send you to the vendor. The sending unit has been discontinued for nearly 20 years, doubt any dealer has one on a shelf, as they usually have a short window to return stuff when it goes obsolete, and no decent parts manager is going to keep that money tied up in parts with no demand.

My 2 cents is to modify the pickup tube to the correct length, assuming it fits the tank opening and the resistance range is correct for the gauge.

Reactions: 1 users

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
What were you sent?

BTW, that site is just a broker if you will, they don't actually have parts, just send you to the vendor. The sending unit has been discontinued for nearly 20 years, doubt any dealer has one on a shelf, as they usually have a short window to return stuff when it goes obsolete, and no decent parts manager is going to keep that money tied up in parts with no demand.

My 2 cents is to modify the pickup tube to the correct length, assuming it fits the tank opening and the resistance range is correct for the gauge.
Thanks, I think I will. Do you if I fuel line on the inside of the tank will the hose deteriorate?

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thanks, I think I will. Do you if I fuel line on the inside of the tank will the hose deteriorate?
If you're asking about using hose to extend it, yes it will in time. Depends on what quality the hose is. Would be better to replace the tube with a solid piece or weld/braze/silver solder one in.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
OEMCats won't let you check out because they claimed GMpartsgiant had it originally, but their inventory says they don't, they list it as discontinued. So basically, nada, zilch, you ain't getting it.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor