Serpentine Conversion questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Sbc heads went from no bolt holes, to one or two, and finally three, throughout the decades.

Reactions: 1 user

Oldsdank81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland
The engine in my Grand Prix was missing one of the holes in the passenger side head. I just left that one off and haven't had a problem with it. I used a 88-92 f body setup and the engine was an 82 305.
Awesome I appreciate that.
I was reading an install manual from GM On a z28 forum about serp systems and it noted about how certain heads won’t have all the mounting holes and that you just won’t use that specific bolt. So I think I’ll be headed to the yard in the morning.

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
Clarmo,

How did you patch this into the G-body AC system? What hoses, condenser and receiver did you use?
I got the information from you guys!
I used Olds 307 Condenser & dryer/accumulator, F-Body lines off the Compressor but had to cut and shorten the discharge line going to the condenser.

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I used a 1993 S10 Set up off a 4.3 on my Monte Carlo. While very similar to the F/B Body set up, it is a little narrower but about the same overall height. The only disadvantage to this set up is the upper hose passes through a narrower gap. To compensate, I use upper and lower radiator hoses for a F Body which fit very nicely. When I did this conversion, the location of the alternator went from the passengers side to the drivers side and the compressor took its place. I use a Olds/Buick condenser and had a custom ac line made to keep all of that on one side of the engine bay.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I got the information from you guys!
I used Olds 307 Condenser & dryer/accumulator, F-Body lines off the Compressor but had to cut and shorten the discharge line going to the condenser.
How did you recrimp the end? Did a shop do it for you?

Oldsdank81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2016
Baltimore, Maryland
I used a 1993 S10 Set up off a 4.3 on my Monte Carlo. While very similar to the F/B Body set up, it is a little narrower but about the same overall height. The only disadvantage to this set up is the upper hose passes through a narrower gap. To compensate, I use upper and lower radiator hoses for a F Body which fit very nicely. When I did this conversion, the location of the alternator went from the passengers side to the drivers side and the compressor took its place. I use a Olds/Buick condenser and had a custom ac line made to keep all of that on one side of the engine bay.
Any picture of this system on the engine by chance? I’d appreciate it as I’ve found a 94 s10 blazer with a vortec v6 with this same setup and just so happens to be factory non ac truck so it has the bypass pulley

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
Any picture of this system on the engine by chance? I’d appreciate it as I’ve found a 94 s10 blazer with a vortec v6 with this same setup and just so happens to be factory non ac truck so it has the bypass pulley

6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor