Shop Builds and Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Both good points. As it stands, I don't owe anybody anything except a personal loan from my parents that should be square by the end of the year. I hate renting bank money and debt in general. Really hard to resist though when everyone (you jerks), my dad, brother, and even my wife are telling me to do it.
View attachment 132725
It's easy spending someone else's money 🤣

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
Do some checking around, but a metal building was way cheaper and faster over a stick built or pole barn.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I met with the builder yesterday and we got more specific. Quote was for 36' x 48' x 13'6" with 1.5" insulation, 6" floor with 2' x 3' footers under the hoist feet. He'll stub the bathroom plumbing for me to finish later and trench and bury conduit from my existing meter on the pole to the panel inside. Basic electrical outlets and wiring for lights. 12 x 12 insulated roll-up door and man door. 12 x 36 lean-to cover on the north end with compacted road mix base. $41.5 was the all-in number including all permits. He said about 12 days to complete.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Cost sounds about right -$24 per sq ft. My 36x42 stick built w/ 4” slab, all insulated, full gas and electric, non-covered gravel pad was about the same IIRC, but I also did a stone front to match the house. Sign the bid, write the check and don’t look back!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Probably will. The price is reasonable, I'm still just hesitant to bite off any debt. It's happening either way, the timing is just not how I'd initially planned.

Reactions: 1 user

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Yeah the debt thing stinks. I paid out of pocket for half and HELOC the other half. I made the equivalent of what I consider a car payment and I had it covered in 4 years.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Probably will. The price is reasonable, I'm still just hesitant to bite off any debt. It's happening either way, the timing is just not how I'd initially planned.
Is it ever the "right" or "good" time to spend a big chunk of change? Nope. Sometimes you just have to do it then figure out the details as you go along.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
Swipe that card, its fake money anyhow. 41 is a pretty good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor