Shops that do LS Swaps in NYS area

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
While i completely expect to get savaged by some (i hope not), i hope i can also be directed by some as well. I have an opportunity to get another 84 cutlass that has no engine and trans. I would like to have one with modern reliability, air conditioning, and parts availability. Which is something my current 84 Olds with a 403 SBO does not have. I want to go the route of a modern LS engine and 4L80E trans. Rear End to follow. Does anyone know of and can recommend a reputable shop preferably in New York State or the surrounding area that does LS Swaps. Yes i know this is a detailed job. Yes i know I'm not doing the job myself. Yes i know the rear wont survive and i need to upgrade it. Yes i know there are lots of other things needed to make this all work. Yes i know im not putting a more traditional engine and trans combo in it. With that out of the way if anyone can help me i would appreciate it. I have learned so much and gotten so much solid advice from those on here this was the only place i felt i could ask. Thanks!

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Have you considered taking on the swap yourself? Between asking questions on message boards like this one, and all the searchable content out there....you would have all the support you need.

Reactions: 1 user

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
I could handle the grunt work of a direct engine install. But the welding, and other specialized skills i do not have the ability to do and i am realistic about that. Plus doing this in my driveway, without a garage, would not be fun. I'm not even going to get i got the work schedule.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Location?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
PM'd you, but no response yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor