Shorty or full length header.. honest opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess that depends as low as my Monte sits the 4-1/2" exhaust has never had an issue and even the Regal with Ebay headers I would bottom out my trans pan before there would be an issue with exhaust and ground clearance.

View attachment 116496

maybe it's just me but that driveshaft doesn't seem to match the rest of the underside.....:unsure:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
maybe it's just me but that driveshaft doesn't seem to match the rest of the underside.....:unsure:
Yeah, it's pretty crusty I'll see how well it cleans up later after I get the Regal roadworthy. aka getting AC working.
I also think the 200R4 was possibly rebuilt it was super clean inside and out so maybe there was an issue with the original driveshaft.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
It wasn't just you. I think it looks in need of a cleaning up and paint sprayed on it.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
If I'm putting headers on it's full length for performance. Have used Dyno Max, Hooker, and Schoenfeld. Schoenfeld was the best bang for the buck (cheapest and best performance)
I put shortys on my 99 Tahoe and 94 Silverado, the performance was very impressive

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I put shortys on my 99 Tahoe and 94 Silverado, the performance was very impressive

I can tell you that shorties do make a difference, even on an Olds 260. I also had them on a 94 Silverado but with an Olds 350. Nice thick 3/8" flange and room for exhaust down turns. I also had ceramic coated full length Flowtech headers. Thin, leaky flanges and pin hole rust came through in no time plus peeling. The Chinese stainless headers out there are nice with thick flanges and super cheap.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I can tell you that shorties do make a difference, even on an Olds 260. I also had them on a 94 Silverado but with an Olds 350. Nice thick 3/8" flange and room for exhaust down turns. I also had ceramic coated full length Flowtech headers. Thin, leaky flanges and pin hole rust came through in no time plus peeling. The Chinese stainless headers out there are nice with thick flanges and super cheap.
I wouldn’t put headers on that weren’t STAINLESS

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor