Should i buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
Doesnt start it and it has no fan shroud

Make sure it didnt overheat and they do overheat very easily

Check oil, if its new, why hes selling it, what is he hiding?

Check trans fluid, should be a 2004r and again no fan shroud...overheat

Vinyl top looks faded and dull in spots just push down on it and see if there is any give.

Different steering column....why?

And most important the passenger door squeaks!!!!!!
He said it runs drives and stops fine, iffered me a test drive. I feel like he is hiding something too lol

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Make sure all the missing snake blinder trim is there, hard to find. I actually picked some with added screws in the front. Yeah, why is the shroud missing, all A/C cars came with them. I think that car was a Gbody forum member.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I paid $3,600.00 for my rust free Elco from California w/77,000 3 years ago .It didn’t look as nice, the interior was AGED and almost everything was original. If your looking to use it AS IS, test drive atleast 20 miles to get all systems hot and see how it functions. It’s your hard earned money. All the negative points already pointed out are small red flags. These cars are money pits and time stealers, but thats the insanity of Gbody people.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Here's my take:

1) depending where you live certain things are harder to find than others - southern cars dried out runber/plastic/interior, northern cars rust.

2) the ask is 3500. Maybe he takes 3. Either way, these days 3500 doesn't buy you much. You could get a 240k mile honda for the same price, ad both will keep breaking due to age

3) see above. The newest of these cars are pushing 32 years old. They will break, stuff will wear out, replacement bits will be a pita to find.

Depending on your budget, for insurance and future proposed it's always better to start with a special trim level model. Herte that means bumping it up into the 8k range for a similar 443 if you're going to invest much in it.

If you just think the cutlass looks cool, want something to tinker with on the weekend and putt around in, maybe this is for you.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Arguments about what got bought for how much 15 years ago are pointless. 15 years ago, I could go to pull a part any weekend and find a dozen G bodies. Been 2 there in the last year

Deal killer for me would be the top....risky gamble on sheetmetal condition and not great looking to my eye, but some people love them.

Biggest thing I have noticed is MANY people today do not have the titles to stuff they're trying to sell, or it's from the guy that the guy they got it from got it from and nobody ever bothered to do the titlework

• Agree

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
Arguments about what got bought for how much 15 years ago are pointless. 15 years ago, I could go to pull a part any weekend and find a dozen G bodies. Been 2 there in the last year

Deal killer for me would be the top....risky gamble on sheetmetal condition and not great looking to my eye, but some people love them.

Biggest thing I have noticed is MANY people today do not have the titles to stuff they're trying to sell, or it's from the guy that the guy they got it from got it from and nobody ever bothered to do the titlework
Yeah that top freaks me out, looks all lifted in the front

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
That upper radiator hose looks like a piece of rotini pasta.
Don't see how it would pass coolant thru there.
No exterior emblems or trim? Repaint?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Now it gets down to your skill level and how you would want to deal with it. I could do the job myself, but only after the seller dropping the price. If you’d have to pay someone to fix it, I’d pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor