Should i buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
While I love the euro noses, parts for those are the hardest to find. One rock off a truck will cause madness.
This. I payed $75 for one used grill for my 88, a good 10 years ago.

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
I think the members here are right, he doesnt seem to know much about the car. Probably a flipper. Could be unknown horrors lurking

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
first post was a week ago so if it is still for sale there is something wrong with it......

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Price is right. $3500 is very reasonable for something that clean. HOWEVER... I am under the same assumption that he is hiding something. I don't like it. There's been too much work done to have not finished it. To me, it needs about 3-5 hours worth of work to be complete. If he actually likes the car, he would have finished it. If he's just flipping it, the little stuff is too time consuming.

I have no problem with the idea of someone flipping cars. Hell I do it, or try to, not very good at it so far lol. As long as the guy doing it isn't a wannabe mechanic. If I buy a car to flip, and it needs pads, it gets rotors and a caliper service. Some guys see a worn out inboard pad, and actually just stuff pads in it and call it fixed.

Buyer beware.

Reactions: 1 user

Squirrelsmith

Apprentice
Dec 7, 2019
Biggest problem is im not compitent enough to see it all. If i was a experienced car person id just go check it out and know if i should buy it or not

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
That car has been hit. That's why the repaint, trim not installed, and no fan shroud. Not to mention the steering column( although it was probably replaced due to a loose bowl - a lot of times it's just easier to replace than rebuild it ) and then there is the vinyl top... It's also missing trim, and HAS rust under it. $2500 at best, and you have a decent starter car. Paint the vinyl top black, and drop down the column, tape off everything inside the car, and paint it while still installed. Install the trim he has in the trunk, and cruise it... $2500

Reactions: 2 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Hit? Rust on top? Rust on bottom? Wrong parts? Missing stuff? Everything else that we don’t know about yet?

Not worth much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor