should i swap my diesel for gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturtz60

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 1, 2010
northern illinois
it has a 350 diesel engine i was thinking about swapping it with a 403 will that ruin the original value of the car?
downsized_0820101411.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Nah.

What you should do is swap the 403 in so you can continue to drive the car. Then build a really stout gas 350 out of that diesel block!

Those diesel blocks can take some serious punishment. Lots of nitrous, turbos, superchargers. 800+HP... :)

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
When was the last time you saw a diesel cutlass go across the block at Barrett/Jackson?

Swap in the 403.

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
Rare does not always mean desireable. A diesel block is different than a gas block, even though same displacement.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
also the diesel block can be built as a gas engine later if you want. olds guys have been doing that for years. the engine itself is worth keeping so dont just ditch it. it just sucks as a diesel.

sturtz60

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 1, 2010
northern illinois
i have an extra 350 diesel i but when i took the oil pan off theres pistons all shreaded in the bottom and the block is scored pretty bad so i can only use it as a parts motor i got all the intake and head bolts out but they jsut wont come off

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
You could always sell me the 403 and I could give you a 49K 305 in trade as well! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor