565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
online170 said:
565;

Cant get enough of that car! Its sweet.

How do you like the moroso vacuum pump on the street?
Thanks for the compliment and the Moroso pump works great on the street plus it is far more consistent than a standard e-vac set up
especially with the huge exhaust system I have.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
There isn't a lot of reviews of the MOROSO pump on the street. Trying to pick between that one and the GZ motorsports one. Good to hear it works well on the street.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you want a really nice vacuum pump Star Machine also makes them at that seems to be their specialty.
I think the key to making them work on the street is having an adjustable vacuum relief valve and the proper pulley ratio.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
So I've heard.

About $100 difference between each brand. Moroso, then GZ, then Star. There is also the Aerospace pump, but its rare and not a lot of guys using it.

Alex41

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2013
Hendersonville TN
Here's my engine....nothing fancy, just a bone stock 98 Camaro drop in. Don't worry, there are larger plans for this modest mill soon. :twisted:

Malibu13_zpseb384ac3.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Alex41 said:
Here's my engine....nothing fancy, just a bone stock 98 Camaro drop in. Don't worry, there are larger plans for this modest mill soon. :twisted:
Where did you get those coil covers? My brother is looking for a blank sent for his Trans Am.

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Nothing special, a pretty stock 507 Cadillac in my 83 El Camino.

Alex41

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2013
Hendersonville TN
-83montess-, Those coil covers are from an LS1/LS2 GTO. The engine is often confused with being an LS2 but it's a lowly early gen 98LS1. I do plan on a heads, cam, headers, and maybe intake swap soon and don't intend to use these covers. I like the clean valve cover look with relocated coils so no need to hide them when I do that. That won't happen for a while but when I do it, I'll PM you about them hoss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor