Side exit exhaust - FINISHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Straight out the back means the whole pipe is visible from the side because the frame is lower than the body.
I have never liked the factory style Monte SS exhaust, seeing two feet of tailpipe running under the rear quarter panel IMO takes away from the rest of the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have never liked the factory style Monte SS exhaust, seeing two feet of tailpipe running under the rear quarter panel IMO takes away from the rest of the car.
That's basically what made my mind up about trying the GN style exits.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I like it!!!

Noisier than pipes under the bumper? Sure, but that makes me smile :) :)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
All I can think about is some one coming up along side of you and you getting on it! Sounds like those new pipes will be fun.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
That is why I made my side exit also. Hated the look of round rear exit pipes and purchased ovals that looked good were crazy priced. Then add the headache of going over my independent rear and side exit just made sense and I liked the look on my car. DSC00419.JPG

Yours turned out looking nice, good job. Sorry tool failed even a cheap *ss tool breaking still sucks.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I'm really a big fan of side exit exhausts I just don't know that they fit these cars, I looked at doing it on my GTO and making it part of the side skirt appearance wise but finally just settled for the easy route of grapefruit shooters out the back. I had also thought about changing my exhaust on the Monte but think I am sticking with the dumps on this because I would prefer to do the same style where it works into the skirt but think that would be just asking for trouble.

Last edited:

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
They look amazing! I'd love to see all the work you did with a complete pic of the exhaust with the car up on a hoist!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there are laws about having the tailpipe close to a door to prevent the possibility of the carbon monoxide entering the passenger compartment

• Agree

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Didn't get much accomplished lastnight but I did get the exhaust welded up and everything painted. All thats left is the install which will probably be next week with my work schedule. Im anxious to get it done because the car hasn't even run this year yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor