CUTLASS Slantback owner greets from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouRider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2020
Hi all,
first sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker!
My name is Lou, I live nearby Cologne, and I believe to be the only owner of an Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon Brougham 1978 in good old Germany!
The car is in a good shape with only some with just a few minor problems, but it runs and brakes perfect! Here we are:

Lady1.jpg

20191227_152730.jpg

Olds_Innen_rechts.jpg
Olds_linkeSeite.jpg
Olds_Heck.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Beautiful car. Love the two tone paint.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
A rare care, even if it were in the US, and lucky for you it did not bake the interior in the sun. When you need to replace certain parts such as the steering column and the front brakes, know that 1978 cars were different than 1979 and later cars. If you keep it stock, you may want to find a 1979 and later parts car to collect these to save money later.

Lou, this is a comment for the rest of the forum, but as I have stated in other posts, why do so many the survivor cars seem to have red interiors?

Reactions: 1 user

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Hello Lou, welcome from Seattle, Wa., USA.
That's a very clean, beautiful car. As an above poster said, I'll bet you get a lot of compliments.

Last edited:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
A rare care, even if it were in the US, and lucky for you it did not bake the interior in the sun. When you need to replace certain parts such as the steering column and the front brakes, know that 1978 cars were different than 1979 and later cars. If you keep it stock, you may want to find a 1979 and later parts car to collect these to save money later.

Lou, this is a comment for the rest of the forum, but as I have stated in other posts, why do so many the survivor cars seem to have red interiors?
Because nobody can stand to be in them to drive them into the ground, hahahaha JK. Great car and love having something that isn't seen everywhere. Welcome to the group

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Nice clean Cutlass. An American market import as you don't have seperate amber rear turn singnals.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor