CUTLASS Slantback owner greets from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouRider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2020
My 4.3 has the wrong colour ... it´s orange :cry:

Same size, same power, but unfortunately not an Olds ... I think that´s a Buick....
But I am a rider, not a poser. So it really doesn´t matter on the road.
I can not help it.

LouRider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2020
But it is street legal ... the German TÜV (similar as the NJ state inspection) approved this modification.
Problems are to connect the rally pack gauges with the new engine. Oil pressure sender, rpm tachometer ...
And the speedometer shows exactly the half of the real speed yet.

There´s still a bit to do. So I am looking for an expert in Germany to help me. We do not have graveyards with US-cars (n)

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Post a pic of the motor. Only Olds made a 4.3 V8, very little improvement other than smoother running than the V6 and quite a bit heavier. I thought all of the 260's had aluminum intakes but the one I threw in the scrap pile had an iron Intake. It could be a 4.4 sbc being orange, hopefully someone didn't paint an Olds V8 orange.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Post a pic of the motor. Only Olds made a 4.3 V8, very little improvement other than smoother running than the V6 and quite a bit heavier. I thought all of the 260's had aluminum intakes but the one I threw in the scrap pile had an iron Intake. It could be a 4.4 sbc being orange, hopefully someone didn't paint an Olds V8 orange.
chevy made 4 sbc v8's about that size, 262, 265 and 267, all carbed and the 265 l99 fuel inj motor like the lt1. i doubt its the last one, but would be cool.
being europe, it could also be the rover v8. the old buick/olds v8 from the early 60's was sold to british leyland and used in many cars and trucks over the decades of production over there. heres a link, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_V8_engine

we would love to see pics

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I bet it is the turdtastic 267 if any sbc. Does the 262 have tiny port heads like the Olds 260 and sbc 267?

LouRider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2020
It´s a 262 ...
Olds_Motor_links.jpg

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
How can you tell? Casting number? I am curious if the 262 has normal ports or has shrunk ports like the 267. I assume 2 bbl carb? What are your emissions laws in Germany. I say 4bbl intake and carb, depending on the port size along with dual exhaust. You aren't missing anything owning an Olds 260.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor