Slantbacks again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When Dodge Rams redesigned in the early 90's a full 50% of the people that saw it said it was the ugliest truck they had ever seen. There would not be a Chrysler corporation if the company tried not to disgust anyone.

Stylists "go for it" and the designs get green lit, because if it takes off, it could be a game changer.

The "Aeroback" is more aerodynamic than a notch window like a Malibu. If I was building a car to go 160 mph, 2+2 would be first, Monte SS Aerocoupe would be 2nd, Aeroback would be 3rd. A "Pontiac" Aeroback with an '81 Grand Am Front clip would be a very aero car.

Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It is true, those Dodge trucks look normal now. I liked the style, set them apart, you knew it was a Dodge from a long way off. Much like the Challenger, they tweaked it slightly, looking better and better IMO. I went through a local town, I saw a mid 60's Parrisenne, took me a while to figure it out. I realized all those mid 60's cars were generic squares as well.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
One of my favorite pics of an Aero.
1597540925770.png

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Slant backs are making a comeback!!!!
From what I don’t know but they are cool
Now!!
View attachment 154537
I personally think that they have a new respect among the A/G body enthusiast of today, and often times younger individuals who haven't seen them or grew up in the era when they were new, and didn't realize they existed, finding interest in their funky looks. Of coarse i will not comment on their values again, even though I own four currently and have been following the market on these cars for over 20 years, I will leave that to the "expert" on here who has never owned one, yet is the authority on valuing everyone's rides. Beautiful car by the way!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Reactions: 1 user

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I would be interested in parts as well. I like these cars a lot. I have five and want to save then all, if possible.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
What's a "Solan" never heard of that trim lvl. Besides that, 3.8? Looks like a 260 v8.
Forgetting to mention that DRs Lwr door panel though... Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor