Slantbacks again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
California only SEEMED a long way away :LOL:
Oh, I already looked it up... That's how sick I am. Just for grins... it's actually (1) hour less of a drive to Chester, Vermont.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Would not have guessed that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Hasn't this been for sale before? Or still? I thought i saw this a couple of years ago.

Regalman08

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2015
Canada
Slant backs are making a comeback!!!!
From what I don’t know but they are cool
Now!!
BEDB5B08-2C31-48C0-9305-BFB907BC67DC.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A comeback? From where? They weren't even very popular when new.

The draw is probably that they're strange, and SORT of resemble a typical A/G body. And here's something to consider: There's a reason you can still get them free.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019

The draw is probably that they're strange, and SORT of resemble a typical A/G body. And here's something to consider: There's a reason you can still get them free.
Well, we all know the circumstances around the current one that was free, so you cant use one example to paint the entire GM slant backs as worthless, and with no value, to everyone everywhere, If you gauged valuing things by if they were ever given away, nothing would be of any value, because at one point in time almost all objects or property in some shape or form has been given away. Everyone collects something, and to that person, or group or club, it has value. I don't know why people spend so much time on this subject, spending their lives dedicated to disproving something because its their belief, its like they have to keep convincing themselves for Pete sake,:blam: everyone has their own ideas, and place a value 🤑on items according to what it means to them or what they are willing to pay. To say these are worth nothing because one family gave a slant back away is ludicrous. For a man to get in his truck, hook up his trailer, leave his family, spend days driving across this country, motels, fuel, and time to go retrieve this "FREE" car, is truly a testament within itself of the love AND VALUE people STILL place on them. I wrote this with no disrespect to anyone here, but if these cars were worth $1 who gives a sh*t, if they were worth $10000000000000000000000000 dollars, who gives a sh*t....if you like it, want it, buy it, own it, drive it, and don't let anyone's "OPINION" of what its worth bother you one IOTA, peoples negative opinion of them should be just like the water on a slant back, let it run off! 🤷‍♂️ lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Obviously you let someone's "opinion" bother you. Please don't put words in my mouth. You obviously are letting your bias show and it's causing you some butthurt. And besides, that's kind of a straw man reasoning. You extrapolate to exaggerate. I never said they were worthless. I said they weren't very popular when new. If you're going to bother to quote me, at least stay in the ballpark with your argument and quit making up sh*t. When the slantbacks first came out, a lot of people scratched their heads asking why? And I was one of the many. Not just a few. And I don't hate on those who collects the slantbacks. That's your business. They're still A bodies, they still have value, to some more than others, and you can still fix them up if you want to.

Since you brought it up, had the person wanted $3K for the car in San Fran, would someone on this forum have hopped in their truck and hauled butt halfway across the country to go get it? Can't be 100% sure, but I'm betting the answer would be far closer to a resounding NO than a yes. For gas/oil/time, the Free part made it worth it. Glad that car was saved. Putting much of any price on the car would have certainly had the car's next stop at the crusher if someone didn't go to save it. James saved it due to the circumstance that it was free and things worked out so he could save the car. Good on him. But would he have saved it if it cost him $3K?

Still waiting for an answer to the "comeback" question. Don't come along pissing in my cornflakes unless you got something solid. I didn't bring up the subject of a comeback.

• Haha

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Should I respond... nope! I like both of you guys.:popcorn:

• Love

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Slant backs are making a comeback!!!!
From what I don’t know but they are cool
Now!!

I wouldn't go so far as saying they are cool. It's kinda like getting drunk at a business convention full of dudes when a plain looking slightly overweight woman walks in. Normally you wouldn't look twice, but, the comparative scenery sucks.

When all you see are the modern so called cuv/suvs around :sick: 🤮all of a sudden she doesnt look so bad.

I don't see the appeal, so, I also couldn't comment on why someone would. My only guess would be my above experience, which is probably the closest thing. That said, they're still better than a honda or toyota.

It is true that it's cheaper to get into a slant back than the equivalent notchback, condition for condition.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I am actually surprised the ugly *ss Fox body Mustangs sold. Add some performance, GM made one attempt a couple of years early, which just went for FREE just a few days ago. A 2004R/700R4/T5 and 3.42 or 3.73 with any 5L HO or the later 3.8 Turbo, being the lightest would have been a game changer. Pretty sure the fastness and reputation of the Mustang sold it, not its ugly *ss styling. Just a few styling changes and couple more years made the difference. Yeah modern vehicles with horrible styling is why these don't look so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor