Slicks in the quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

norton

n00b
Oct 3, 2006
Beatrice, Nebraska
Wanted to know if anyone else has had experience trying to fit 28x10.5 drag slicks "under the car" (it is a 1981 malibu with a 9" ford) The frame is notched and all that good stuff but I don't want to back half the car.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
With a notched fram it should be doable. Take some measurements.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
Well a 275mm section width is equal to 10.825 inches and I have fit them under my G-body with only rolled fenders.

Not sure about the width of a Ford 9" as opposed to a GM 8.5 but just get some rims with the right backspacing and you should be all set.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I run a set of steet radials on my Elco they are 275/50R15's w/ about a 10.5 width. They only slightly rub when I take the PSI down. Nothing a rolled fender can't take care of. You shoudn't have any problem with yours, esp. with a notched frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor