slight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
i have a 200 metric i was inform that in gbodys when it read 200m that was a 200r4. to my knowledge these are two different trans mission. on mine there are three wires that run to the trans back to the wire harness if i disconnect this will my trans shift right. it shifts okay but it doesnt hit it shifts sluggish. i had a fire and i think the tv cable on the trans may have been damaged. or is called the det cable. should i keep this trans or swap a 350 turbo. behind a 305 straight motor.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
x2
both the 200 and the 200r4 are metric transmissions. most are including ford. the 200r4 is a great trans if built properly and it has the same gears as the 350. with the overdrive you can run a numerically higher rear gear and still have low rpm cruising and quick acceleration.
the electrical wires are for the torque converter clutch lockup. you want to retain that. if there is ANY doubt as to the condition of the TV cable (200R4) replace it. the TV cable is the "brains" of the trans, it controls line pressure and shift points/quality. if not working/installed/adjusted correctly it can destroy the trans.
the 200 (3 speed) is a doorstop.

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
thanks that helps alot. i'm going to have the tv cable replaced all together. now is it a hard job to do. or should i just let the shop do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor