So, bad news.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So, I need to make this short because, life. So excuse the things left out.

After our family Sunday dinner my step-dad had a fall in his bedroom. We couldn't get him up,.emts couldn't, ended up needing firefighters to get him off the floor. Ultimately, he was OK after and even moved around with his walker, seemed in pretty good spirits.

Later last night, in the middle of the night, he went down again. Had a fever. After 20 minutes working on him the emts got him loaded for the ambulance and we brought him into the hospital.

A foot wound he was being treated for for weeks has gotten into the bone, and, the docs say he has sepsis.

He passed this afternoon. One minute happy, talking with a nurse. Then instantly he was gone, and, they couldn't bring him back.

So I'm off at mom's place. We've got a lot to suddenly do considering how quick and surprising this is. Thursday I'm supposed to hear if my blood work showed philadelphia gene or not. So fingers crossed. Happy birthday week.

But, if anyone messages or asks about stuff I've got posted free or for sale, gets upset about response lags? Please point em here. But everything that was paid for or had money coming is already in the mail. Appreciate the understanding most of y'all give.

O. D. Showtime - if you need to sell those hubcaps elsewhere it's fine. Don't have my computer or account info stuff with me. Not sure how many days to get back to things, but, if they're around at that point I'd take em and get things sent to you.

Hoping for the best already on Thurs before this all came up, so, we'll see.

Thanks guys.

• Sad
Reactions: 11 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sorry for your loss.

We'll be here when you get back

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
So sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family. You take care of things there, if and when you're ready message me and we'll go from there.

Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Sorry to hear this, man. Family first. Car stuff will wait.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Con su permiso, I will add him to my prayers for the fallen. Don't forget to take care of yourself while trying to take care of your family.

CopperNick sends

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Sepsis is a hard one to get through. It took my mother.
That being said, sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Sorry for your loss.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Such a sad turn of events, my condolences.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
So sorry to hear. Well wishes to you and all your family. Don't worry about the car stuff. It never goes anywhere when you're not doing it. Pick it back up when you feel like it again. Take care.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor